ttadvance.ca

Triple Triad Advance Forums
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:46 am 

TTA ID: 114200
TTN ID: 2955
This is for Balz or Dalamar: Why is the auto-bid program allowed?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:40 pm 

TTA ID: 98699
TTN ID: 0
Stuff like this happens a lot on old sites like tta. Lack of dedications by admins due to massive loss of active accounts is probably the main reason

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:14 am 

kurrgo wrote:

Triad Freak
Sent:
Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:07 pm
To:
kurrgo 

As I said, I didn't even mean to do it. I thought I made it so I wouldn't auto-rebid when I start bidding on a card,

Here is all the proof you need.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:55 am 

TTA ID: 119773
TLDR; version:
Also, more on-topic and more solution-oriented than these whining rambles by a bitter man, I would suggest that cards in the auction house starts at like their TTA Sell Price + at least 5 points! This would solve the problem and it would not ruin the economy on TTA by lowering the value of the cards. Auction could be a nice place to find specific rare cards you miss that people don't have. This also encourage more pack purchase.

kurrgo wrote:
kurrgo wrote:

Triad Freak
Sent:
Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:07 pm
To:
kurrgo 

As I said, I didn't even mean to do it. I thought I made it so I wouldn't auto-rebid when I start bidding on a card,

Here is all the proof you need.

Yes, I used to have it so that when I start bidding on a card, I would continue to do so until I either get the card or it goes out of my price range. This is indeed me saying that I tried to turn this feature off after we agreed I would not do that anymore and I hadn't turned it off properly. You then got your panties in a twist.

If you wonder how I can bid the way I do, it's more to do with how I've styled the page. It doesn't look the standard way, it's displayed more convenient with some extra info etc. I've also added notifications and similar. I would be happy to come with a lot of suggestions for improvements for the auction, but it doesn't seem to be picked up on anyway, so I just do it for myself. When I've posted how you can get the same results before, nobody has cared and I've had threads and accusations against me about it. Fuck that hassle, and it's bitter people like you, kurrgo, who creates this environment.

Because I rather see someone gets the points, rather than seeing some bitter dude like you, or some annoying other person who always bid sell prices on the cards straight out of the box, I thought it would be nice if I didn't rebid over and over, but let people get the cards if they are there for it then. We agreed to this, but then you saw I bid twice extra on a card once, and you got your panties in a twist. I told you straight away that it was a mistake, but you replied with some more "better than thou" garbage. You also went on your typical bid sell prices on all cards spree, which you seem proud of earlier in this thread, thinking you fight the good fight.

Because you decided to post private messages...

Quote:
Who are you kidding? You had every bit of control over that and you not only bid twice, but three times just so you could say you won the auction. You are a sniveling dog turd. I have absolutely no respect for you whatsoever. You are now and forever shall remain a piece of shit. Revel in it, for it is what you are. You sicken me. I actually believed you, but I should have known better. You are a liar and a cheat. Now, just to prove how truly obnoxious you are, go ahead, get the last word in, ya prick.

^ This is him after I say it's a mistake. He seems to think the first thing I do after agreeing not to continue bid on a card is to do so against him on purpose, even after I told him it was not on purpose... :| :| :| :?

Quote:
Even though you attempted to make sense of your dubious practices, it is pabulum-spewing rhetoric and nothing more. You are out for yourself, and it is apparent that anyone who does not drink your kool-ade is an enemy. I know you for who and what you truly are, however, and no amount of finagling on your part will ever give me pause to see you differently. Continue to live your life as you do, in a cesspool of self-gradation, because no one will ever think more highly of you than you do yourself. Respond to this if you must, but I am through with you. You started out as a decent person; I don't know what happened to make you who you are today. You have my pity.

I could go on, because there's lots more "better than thou" rambles where that comes from. Some of them are worse, much worse, but not as much on-topic.

As for the topic, not sure why you keep making these threads instead of just talking to mods/admins? You can also just talk directly to me, and not talk behind my back or try to make it some big public drama. Do you want the drama? Do you want people to back you up? Talking directly to me about issues you got with me is probably the best way to go. Can't be worse than talking behind the person's back, trying to start drama and build up negative emotions and become bitter. Your interactions with me has almost always been super negative and emotionally bitter, almost tipping to the point of hateful and disgusting. That doesn't help you in a constructive dialogue. Yes, I've started calling you bitter, because I think it's pretty clear you are. You may not like that, but if you disagree, do look at any dictionary definition and do tell me how that doesn't describe you and your interaction with me and probably others.

Also, more on-topic and more solution-oriented than these whining rambles by a bitter man, I would suggest that cards in the auction house starts at like their TTA Sell Price + at least 5 points! This would solve the problem and it would not ruin the economy on TTA by lowering the value of the cards. Auction could be a nice place to find specific rare cards you miss that people don't have. This also encourage more pack purchase.

Honestly, not sure the 5 auction solution actually solved anything at all. The increment of time just made the actual problem of the old system all the more transparent, and it was super obvious before kurrgo ever suggested it. The old system was more of a game of who could bid the nearest the time limit and guess how much more you would need to bid to overbid anyone else. It was fun, and you could get great deals if someone wasn't annoying enough to just bid really high early on (which someone did over and over, just like kurrgo has done for weeks, if not months now). I do however prefer the increment of time limit, it seems more fair, but it does decrease the chance of any good deals to be had. So why not just do away with any kind of profitable deals to be had bidding in the auction, leaving it for people who needs the cards to buy it for what they should be paying for them. This would get the bitter man some peace of mind.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:53 pm 

The sad thing is that you continue to attempt a public façade of innocence, but I keep getting reports that your auto-bid program is still active. I mean, come on, are you such an insomniac that you are literally up 24/7? I didn't think so. I really feel sorry for you. It would appear it is you, not I, who are bitter. Childhood not go as you would have liked it to? Were you picked on as a kid? It would make sense that you view your auto-bid program as a form of power to exact revenge against those who do not drink your kool-ade and view you as the all-being, master of time, space, and dimension. You have Peter Pan Syndrome, but it\s time to put on your big-boy pants and leave Neverland. Leave the hurt and bitterness behind as well. It's not very becoming.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:11 am 

TTA ID: 98699
I feel ashamed for being part of this topic.