Triple Triad Advance Forums
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:45 pm 
Better than Raistlin

TTA ID: 3
TTN ID: 110
GMT: -6
Odin and I are looking to get a priority list going on various things that have been suggested. So I'll list everything here that I listed in my post in Kurrgo's topic on GenDis. For those of you that check the forum, please put all of these in the order you'd like to see them added to TTA. After two weeks, Odin and I will go through the replies and sort out a priority list and work our way through the list. Please note that neither Odin or I are really programmers though, so things may take time to get added (we'll be working on them behind the scenes so as not to interrupt the main site).

Quote:
- Rewards system for recruiting players

- Daily bonuses that stack (up to 7 days)
Obtained after 5 games (or some other amount) played per day?

- Turn TTA Fun into a tournament team (if they want it)

- Auto last card

- Site optimization/new site design?
Thoughts on what exactly you guys think needs to be fixed/want to see added to make the site better would be helpful.

- Saved rulesets for non-donators
Would 3-5 saved rulesets for non-donators be enough, with donators getting a few extra?

- Changes to Auction House/Card Palace
As with the site optimization/design thing above, thoughts on what could be done to improve both of these would be helpful.

- Colored game code for Fun Challenge games

- Sell multiple cards at once (or sell all dupes)

- Disable auto-refresh on your turn

- Option to turn off auction house notifications for winning an auction

- More frequent Double Point Days

- Add Triad Freak's card finder to main site

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:48 am 
Rigging tourns since 2013

TTA ID: 54572
TTN ID: 1069
GMT: +0
Gonna mark some stuff in italics, which is stuff that I think needs more discussion beforehand. I agree with everything here happening, though. Basic order is: ease of use > retaining players > recruiting players.

- Auto last card

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:38 am 

My List would be:

Site optimization/New design (TTA AI to play against for points or cards) (Hopefully both) ^______^
Daily bonuses that stack.
Reward system for recruiting new players
Sell multiple cards at once
More frequent double point days
Save rulesets for non-donors
Auto last card
Turn TTA fun into a tournament team (if you means bringing all the clans to 1-count me OUT) (Unless its under T3) ^____________^
Add Triad Freaks card finder
Changes to auction house/card palace
Colored game code for fun challenge games
Disable auto-refresh on your turn
Option to turn off auction house notifications for winning an auction

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:29 am 

TTA ID: 114200
TTN ID: 2955
Priorities:

1. Auto Last Card

2. No FF7r Deck. Vanity decks should not take precedence over newer additions.

3. Farming points at the auction seems to be a growing problem.

4. Anything else you wish to add.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:40 am 

TTA ID: 93521
TTN ID: 0
GMT: +1
Don't allow players to use programs to place automatic bids in the auction house. Triad Freak has been doing this for months and nobody seems to care. Basically he always bids in high level cards until sell price is reached (90, 98, 105 pts for lv.10s, for example) ruining the auction house for everyone, especially new players. If he was the one actually placing the bids there would be no problem, but the bids are automatic and he gets cards when he's not even logged in.

Yesterday a new player told me he wants to buy cards he needs in the AH, but he never wins because of these automatic bids. I told him the problem and he said it was not fair. And he's right. It's sad that someone with 70,000 pts is abusing the system this way to get extra points. The auction house was supposed to be a place where players, especially the new ones, could get cards for a decent price. If this is not solved, it would be better if the AH just disappeared.

My list:

- Prevent auto-bidding in auction house
- Save rulesets for non-donors
- Auto last card
- Colored game code for fun challenge games

EDIT - Added other ideas I like:

milea wrote:
if you already own the card, you can't bid

Vil wrote:
Make every possible combination of S, P, PW and/or SW into a bracket that the player has to open and decide, with the most common rulesets on top. As for Elemental, Combo and Random, allow the players to decide if they want to enable them in the following step.

Last edited by Daniel Jackson on Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:48 pm 

TTA ID: 2649
TTN ID: 1110
GMT: +1
1) - Colored game code for Fun Challenge games
2) - Sell multiple cards at once (or sell all dupes)
3) - Auto last card
4) - Rewards system for recruiting players (Need to be discussed to avoid cheating)
5) - Daily bonuses that stack (up to 7 days)
Obtained after 5 games (or some other amount) played per day?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:56 pm 

TTA ID: 121098
i think i've come up with a simple answer to the auction house problem if people are cheating it ...

if you already own the card, you can't bid

it's a really useful feature but i was annoyed to find out people are abusing it ... no wonder i can't win any lv 10s -.-
opening that to debate anyways

then on the list anything to offer more points would get greedy ol me to play more ... double points days and daily bonuses sound cool.

edit - just bought lots of packs and selling the cards back takes forever - some sort of quick sale is high priority for me too ^^

Last edited by milea on Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:42 pm 

TTA ID: 98699
About the game saving feature, I've been using an add on for MF which automatically fills the buttons whenever I go to the create game site, according to the profiles I created. I strongly recommend a similar feature in case the create game screen remains the same, since it's pretty easy and comfortable to just create one base ruleset and then just select a few things. The whole game creating process seems kinda old and slow for me, I'd change it to work this way:

1: Steps: Filling everything at the same time can lead to confusion, specially if the rules are specific or you're playing trade with deck restrictions. The idea is that players will have to choose one particular aspect of the game before getting to chose the next one.

2: Shorten: Make every possible combination of S, P, PW and/or SW into a bracket that the player has to open and decide, with the most common rulesets on top. As for Elemental, Combo and Random, allow the players to decide if they want to enable them in the following step.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:43 pm 

TTA ID: 51813
TTN ID: 681
- Coloured game code for Fun Challenge games - would welcome a separate discussion if you decide to implement this - I'll pop in chat :P

- Sell multiple cards at once (or sell all dupes) - Triad Freak's script works for this, maybe there is something in there you can use?

- Changes to Auction House/Card Palace - basically changes that prevent people from auto-bidding, or bidding ridiculous amounts on cards they don't need would be welcome. If it wasn't for that the auction house would work well as it is in my opinion.

- Auto last card

- Rewards system for recruiting players - I agree that you'd need to come up with a way to prevent this being abused, it would be nice to see implemented as I really think it could get new members in but it needs to be foolproof before you do it.

- Saved rulesets for non-donators - I think this is really saved rulesets for everyone, as even donators only get their last created ruleset remembered

- Option to turn off auction house notifications for winning an auction - these are annoying but not because the notifications happen, the pain for me is that my in game inbox is full up of old auction house notifications that I can only delete one at a time. I don't use the AH much any more but personally I wouldn't turn the notifications off, as it's good to know whether or not you won. However what I think would be good is an option to delete multiple PMs at once.

- Turn TTA Fun into a tournament team (if they want it) - personally I would be happy to do this if you decide this is what you want to do (would need to discuss with justl and Zoom whether they are on board with it). However it does feel like an implicit admission that the staff aren't around enough. I rarely see any of the mods playing any more, which I don't think is a good thing for the site. Can we also have the current Fun team given their profile icons to identify them (51813, 78252, 69712) please?

- Site optimization/new site design? - a new design isn't a big priority for me however one thing that really needs to be done is getting the icons up to date. It's around a year now since the FF14 deck was added and I still have two S5 complete icons. We're a few tournaments behind as well. Another thing I remember was a waiting screen contest a year or so ago, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think any of them were actually added which makes me wonder what was the point? If you decide to develop some sort of app though I'd push this quite a long way up the list.

- Disable auto-refresh on your turn - I don't use it so not an issue for me personally

- Add Triad Freak's card finder to main site - it's a useful tool, I'd say moreso than the TTA Center as it finds all cards with the four values you enter in any order, but I think it works fine as a stand-alone.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:28 pm 

Am I the only one who thinks the site desing has a lot to improve? The whole system is just too "static" in my opinion, which probably most new players find dull and boring. I have no clue on what's the possibility to make a more interactive and dynamic desing using notifications and making everything work without refreshing the site. I just came up with two ideas that would make the tta experience more enjoyable within a couple of minutes: Showing the player's stats just by placing the mouse in the avatar instead of opening a whole new tab and enabling an option to allow using spoilers in the card select for every deck. I'm sure there are a lot of these details that could be modified to make everything more comfortable.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:33 pm 

for site additions, some sort of ai like i said somewhere before, or just something else you can do while waiting for a game would be great ...

i started playing about a month ago ... it feels like in that time i'm waiting longer and longer for a game and i'm giving up waiting more often

by the way it has been two weeks ... i'm sure you haven't forgotten ^^

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:55 pm 
Rigging tourns since 2013

TTA ID: 54572
TTN ID: 1069
GMT: +0
Vil wrote:
Showing the player's stats just by placing the mouse in the avatar instead of opening a whole new tab and enabling an option to allow using spoilers in the card select for every deck. I'm sure there are a lot of these details that could be modified to make everything more comfortable.

Both of these are great ideas that I'd completely support. For the hover stats, it'd just be w/l/t presumably, with the full profile showing more detailed stats?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:05 pm 
Better than Raistlin

TTA ID: 3
TTN ID: 110
GMT: -6
Okay, going by the replies, I think this is the order we'll be going with:

- Auto last card

I'll get Odin to start working on some stuff soon.

turdz wrote:
Can we also have the current Fun team given their profile icons to identify them (51813, 78252, 69712) please?

You three should have the profile icons now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:38 am 

Yoshiken wrote:
Vil wrote:
Showing the player's stats just by placing the mouse in the avatar instead of opening a whole new tab and enabling an option to allow using spoilers in the card select for every deck. I'm sure there are a lot of these details that could be modified to make everything more comfortable.

Both of these are great ideas that I'd completely support. For the hover stats, it'd just be w/l/t presumably, with the full profile showing more detailed stats?

Yeah that was just what I tought.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:49 pm 

can i add something please? ^^
the monthly bonus clearly doesn't update automatically ... last month i sent a message direct to id #1 asking for it to be changed ... again we are in a new month
could it be set up to change automatically on the 1st? or queued in advance to change?

thanks ^^