ttadvance.ca

Triple Triad Advance Forums
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:10 am 

TTA ID: 114200
TTN ID: 2955
LoyaltyToTheEnd wrote:
It seems that the Slayer of Demons' autobidding script has come back.
Soon i'll change auction group, so it's not my problem, but it's not right that he can get all the cards at the minimum price with a program. At least i hope that kurrgo can be a good opponent for Triad Freak's script.

Yeah, I've encountered it (Is it any worse than you bidding just one point higher?--Ha-ha) Is there anyway for TTA to block this? It really is unfair to everyone involved, and let us not forget that it was this auto-bid script that prompted the "add-a-minute" to auction house bids.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:44 pm 

TTA ID: 121098
TTN ID: 0
LoyaltyToTheEnd wrote:
It seems that the Slayer of Demons' autobidding script has come back.
Soon i'll change auction group, so it's not my problem, but it's not right that he can get all the cards at the minimum price with a program. At least i hope that kurrgo can be a good opponent for Triad Freak's script.

Yoshiken wrote:
I feel like the reasoning was something along the lines of it not being possible to retroactively add them (because these stats haven't been recorded) but I'm not sure if that's really a problem?

This is even better, so everyone would have a (little) reason to play some more games.
And it would be better for new members too. Right now the first reward is 250 wins: this means around 750 games, only regular users play so much.
Maybe with easy achievements new players would be encorauged to play more.

750 games really?? i just reached it, well over 1000 games played ahaha :-/

i'd love to see some reward system too, even if just for some new trophies for the profile that'd be cool to work towards ^^

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:58 am 

TTA ID: 78252
TTN ID: 3045
GMT: +2
http://www.ttadvance.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26656

This one is already two years old suggestion and I'd like to still see this happen.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:52 am 

TTA ID: 98699
Nothing is ever gonna happen. The best suggestion is to shut down the site for good and move on.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:07 am 

How's that auto-last card request coming along?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:40 am 

TTA ID: 119773
  • Auto last card <3 I'm tempted to write a javascript for this, not sure why I haven't yet TBH. :p
  • Option so the game auto-refreshes when it's your turn again. No need to manually reload the page over and over while waiting for the opponent to make their turn. Do an auto refresh if you lose network connection, just so you won't just sit there wait for a reload that will never happen. This wasn't there as far as I could see, but this would revolutionize the game for most people I think. I know, because I already do this. What I do is just check if something I expect if it's my turn is on the page. If not, it's not your turn, so then you should do a background load of the page every x seconds where you check if it's my turn yet. This is done in the background, so no need to reload the entire graphical view, images etc. Eventually when it is my turn again, the page reloads. I also made it play a sound for me, which is pretty neat, saved me from timing out a thousand games, at least. Also added sounds when about to time out at certain points. And the auto-refresh makes the game just feel more natural this way. What the script do could have been more effective by just implementing a JSON API or whatever, basically just a small JSON request that responds with who's turn it is, instead of having to load the entire html page and all the resources that is used to put it together over and over. Here is that script:
    http://pastebin.com/ywutMfrv
  • Allow us to save multiple of our favorite rule sets, accessible later with a button click. I wrote this myself, and it saves the created games to localStorage. http://pastebin.com/zbxDnJGK Totally worth checking out too IMO.

Is what is mentioned in the opening the all possible missing card values premutation script?
  • IIRC, I think I just went through all possible premutations, 10*10*10*10 (1-A). 10000 is not many, so no problem there.
  • For each combination I checked if the number already existed, this means you need to organize all the already existing premutations in a quick and accessible way, probably some kind of list with unique keys that is easily constructed using a premutation, just to check if that premutation is set (some kinda hashmap for example).
  • Next you need to write level filter functions, basically a function that returns true if the premutation is valid for that level.
  • If it doesn't already exist and is valid for that level, save that premutation in the same type of list, just this time for the levels it's valid for.
  • Go through each leveled premutation list and see if the card exist in other leveled premutation lists. Add information to that premutation, this way you can see which cards can be used for several levels. This is useful so you better spread the last premutations among levels and not run out of some levels' premutations before others.
There you go, just implement it. It's rather easy! :p What takes time is the level filter functions, but it's just all about counting max values, max sums etc. The max values and corners and whatnot, most of it can easily be done by just sorting the values in numerical order! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:47 pm 

kurrgo wrote:

This. Still.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:14 pm 

kurrgo wrote:
kurrgo wrote:

This. Still.

Seriously, is it that it cannot be done, or that it will not?