PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:02 am 

TTA ID: 119773
TTN ID: 0
AicilaXI wrote:
Triad Freak wrote:
AicilaXI wrote:
should migrate to discord :D

Why?

Easy for people to access in a browser without any need for commands or any other shit, has a standalone app, can manage multiple servers very easily, very easy to set different roles for donators etc, easy to set privileges so that only people with a certain role (clan etc) can use specific text channels. Moderation is easy.
Triad Freak wrote:
Discord is proprietary software, and is primarily intended for voice chat.

I'm on like 8 discord servers and I hardly ever voice, including servers with 150+ people online at a time and there is hardly anyone using voice.

Discord is just becoming very popular and most of the people that I know from all different kinds of places (cs, irl, reddit communities) are all moving to discord and it makes it super easy because you can be connected to them all at once and just flick through the servers. Honestly, I don't think it will make that much of a difference anyway because I'm guessing that people don't really use tta IRC that much anyway.

You don't need to type the commands etc, it can all be integrated into the IRC client. Really, it's all about the IRC client you use. There's tons of different stand-alone IRC clients, there's web based ones and even for your web browser. All of it can be easy and as complicated as you want, so much more customization if wanted, or none if none is wanted. Moderation is easy too... Only thing Discord is useful for is voice chat, that's it.

As for 150+ different people etc. IRC can run just fine with several thousands, in the same chat room.

Anyway, if you push the devs a bit, I'm sure they may actually add a feature to connect to IRC servers with Discord. I did find a github project that seems to aim at connecting Discord to IRC:
https://github.com/reactiflux/discord-irc